Friday, June 8, 2012

6/4/12 Pouring rain all day, stayed in the campground.

After a fun morning of filling out bear reports and fixing servers at work remotely with my phone, I went back to my tent to sit and watch it rain on my bike.


My new neighbors at the Wilmington Notch Campground took pity on me and invited me over to share in their giant tarp and roaring fire (which they managed to start in the rain using road flares ).



They were also nice enough to drive me down the road to pick up a tarp for my tent (now leaking like crazy), and lunch, since I had no food with me. Stopped at this funny local coffee shop, a combination tanning salon /lunch counter. I had a nice bowl of chili to warm me up, then headed back to the campground to stoke the now-communal fire.



 We then spent the rest of the day drinking one of the camper's stock of wine, and had dehydrated soups for dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment