Friday, June 15, 2012

6/15/12 Noon - Eating lunch at a rest stop in Maine (95N)

Finally pulled over to eat something. I spent my morning riding with the three retired Harley guys I met on the boat, all of whom were reminiscing about when they owned sportsters and were young.  I have never ridden with another group of bikes before, so this was a learning experience in group riding etiquette / hand signals.   They eventually broke off in New Hampshire, leaving me on my own again.
Enjoying the service stations in Maine, as they are all brand new and serve real food, not just mini fast food restaurants squished together like everyone else.
Still have a long ride ahead, but it's very straightforward.

What a scary welcome sign...um, I choose "Live" ?



All rest stops in Maine had these dog posters by some artist who I can't remember his name. Each rest stop had them looking in a different direction.


Now everyone look to the right.


The only moose I saw in Maine.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had some company for a while. You've got great weather! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete